1 hour 12
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 small sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 16 oz. can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- 1/4 lbs. collard greens, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1Heat the peanut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Cook and stir the onion, garlic, and ginger in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken and cook until completely browned, stirring occasionally.
- 4Season with the crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- 5Pour the chicken stock over the mixture and stir the sweet potatoes into the liquid and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low, cover the pot partially with a lid, and cook at a simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Stir the tomatoes, collard greens, and peanut butter. Partially cover the pot again and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, another 20 minutes.