45 minutes 6
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for buttering the baking dish
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1Add the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes to a large pot of salted water.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Drain and cool the sweet potatoes, then mash.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- 5Whisk together the filling ingredients (butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs) in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- 6For the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, and salt in a medium bowl until the mixture clumps together, then stir in the pecans.
- 7Spread the topping mixture over the top of the filling mixture in an even layer.
- 8Bake until mostly set in the center and golden on top, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Serve hot.