TeamSnap Scores With Record Number of Users and Teams in 2018
Company/Press Releases/TeamSnap Scores With Record Number of Users and Teams in 2018
BOULDER, COLO – TeamSnap, the household name in integrated sports management, wrapped up a landmark 2018 with a record number of users and overwhelming engagement. In 2018, TeamSnap surpassed a milestone and now has more than 20 million users and two million teams relying on their sports management solutions.
Coaches, players, parents and administrators leveraged TeamSnap to schedule more than 17 million games, practices meeting and events over the past year — up 21% compared to 2017. On average, TeamSnap users interacted with the platform approximately three times per day.
"We are incredibly proud to have created an efficient and easy-to-use platform that millions of sports teams and organizations trust and rely on everyday," said TeamSnap co-founder and CEO Dave DuPont. "It is gratifying to see how TeamSnap has become such a focal point of the growing youth and amateur sports market. With our infrastructure and growing partnerships, we are well positioned for further expansion in the coming years."
During 2018, TeamSnap expanded its popular platform with the addition of integrated video highlights, an expanded payments system and the debut of an innovative team apparel store in partnership with Champion Teamwear. TeamSnap was also featured by Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference for its innovative new iOS app with Siri shortcut functionality. TeamSnap ended 2018 as one of the top iOS sports apps in North America, ranking as high as number two in the United States and scoring the number one free sports app ranking in Canada ahead of major sports publishers ESPN, Yahoo Sports, TSN and the NHL.
TeamSnap by the numbers in 2018:
- 20 million — overall number of TeamSnap users including coaches, players, parents and administrators
- 2.1 million — number of teams and clubs using TeamSnap
- 81,000 — average number of TeamSnap events scheduled on TeamSnap each weekend
- 6,000 — number of organizations using TeamSnap for Clubs & Leagues
- 196 — number of different countries that have TeamSnap users
- 100 — number of different sports supported by TeamSnap
- 4.8 — TeamSnap’s iOS app’s customer rating (out of 5 stars)
- 4.5 — TeamSnap’s Android app’s customer rating (out of 5 stars)
For additional information, please contact
Greg McIsaac Communications