2 hours 10
- 2 cups matzo meal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chicken fat or shmaltz
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups water
- 3-1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 1Boil water in a medium saucepan.
- 2In a bowl, mix together matzo meal, eggs, chicken fat/schmaltz, salt, and parsley.
- 3Pour mixture over boiling water and let sit until mostly absorbed, then lightly mix until no dry crumbs remain. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4Remove the dough from the refrigerator and gently roll into 1-inch balls.
- 5Bring a large pot of chicken stock to a light simmer.
- 6Add the matzo balls to the chicken stock and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the balls start to sink.
- 7Ladle into soup bowls and serve warm.