Model good character and decision-making
As leaders, coaches should model positive behavior in their interactions with other adults and youth athletes, with opponents and referees, and particularly when mediating conflicts.
- Participate in drills with players
- Practice the positive interactions that are encouraged of players
- Practice self-care and engage in reflection around your own social and emotional well-being
- Be cognizant of your own and others’ perspectives
- Manage conflicts with calmness and clarity, acknowledging player feelings and emotions
PEER TO PEER LEARNING