Build positive adult-youth relationships
Take the time to understand why each child has made the decision to play sports.
- Ask every player which name they prefer and call them by that name
- Ask questions to get to know every youth, their families and their motivations
- Talk to every youth at every practice and during every game
- Talk with youth athletes about how to seek out and connect with other adults they trust
- Organize formal meetings with your players throughout the season in order to help them express their feelings, wants and needs
FAMILY MOTIVATION QUESTIONS