Turn and Dive at Bouncing Balls
These soccer drills designed for goalkeeping, improve reaction time and response skills for soccer goalkeepers.
1. Jump - Turn - Dive: Goalkeeper sits with back to hurdles or bag or other obstacle.
- On command "go", coach (C) throws ball towards Goalkeeper
- Goalkeeper jumps up, turns and dives over obstacle to make save.
2. Save Bouncing Ball: Goalkeeper stands sideways to hurdles or other obstacle, facing coach (C)
- C throws bouncing ball to side of obstacle.
- Goalkeeper dives and saves.
Goalkeeper now stands on other side of obstacle and saves next bouncing ball.